The Club is planning events in 2014 for which we need to get a feel for the possible number of participants.
Competitors can secure an entry place at Spa (27-29 June) with a £250 deposit. The balance must be paid by 27 May 2014. This highlight event is filling fast so competitors do need to get their entry in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
27-29 June 2014 - Spa Summer Classic
Monoposto is planning to again participate in the Spa Summer Classic, organised by Roadbook. Spa is a fantastic circuit which can start 52 under 2 litre single seaters, and the Spa Summer Classic has been a consistently well-organised event over several years. This year we have agreed to share the track with F3 Cup cars. As in the past we will also invite participation by other drivers with Monoposto-compatible cars. We have to pretty much fill the grid to make this event financially viable for the Club!
Key features are:
- Entry fee for Monoposto cars is £550, for 100 minutes of track time. If you are not already a Club Member the entry fee includes Guest Membership of the Monoposto Racing Club, valid for entry to the Monoposto races at the Spa Summer Classic. Two drivers can share a car at no extra cost.
- Shared use of the F1 pits and paddock for the duration of the meeting
- 2 x 25 minute qualifying sessions on Friday 27 June
- 25 minute race on Saturday 28 June
- 25 minute race on Sunday 29 June, finishes about mid-day to allow time for the return to UK on Sunday
- Rolling starts
- Testing on Thursday is available at additional (low) cost. This is arranged with/paid direct to the circuit on the day. In 2013 the cost was about €50 for 30 minutes. (These testing arrangements are to be confirmed)
- The entry will be arranged into the usual Monoposto classes (subject to entry numbers); plus we can include other specific classes if entry levels justify this. Trophies will be awarded in both races to the first three in each class.
- MSA National A Race licence (or higher) is eligible
- There is very good event website at www.roadbook.be which has full details of last year's event
- Much of the entry for the Spa Summer Classic is from the UK (eg CSCC), and language is not an issue.
If you have raced at Spa before then you won't need any convincing about how good the circuit is. If you have not raced at Spa then take this opportunity to do so! It is an amazing experience for any racer.
Due to the high cost running of this event Monoposto has specific arrangements for payment of entry fees, and for refunding fees if an entry is withdrawn before the event.
- For an entry to be accepted the competitor must pay at least £250 when the entry is made, and the balance at least four weeks prior to the event. However it does help the Club to finance this event if you are prepared to pay the whole amount of the entry fee at the outset.
- If an entry is withdrawn for any reason, at Monoposto Racing Club's discretion we will refund an entry fee that has been paid in part or in whole provided we are able to replace the withdrawn entry with another which has been made after the time that the withdrawal is notified to us in writing/email. Competitors who wish to withdraw can also "sell" their entry to another eligible competitor/car, at any price they wish, provide the change of entry details is notified to us in writing with a replacement Entry Form before Signing On for the event. In practice this means that the earlier an entry is withdrawn the greater the chance is that a refund can be made. Actually the demand for places in this event is such that in recent years we have always been able to make a refund for an entry that have been withdrawn before the event. However please note that the Club will not make a refund for any entry withdrawn after Signing On has opened on 27 June.
Spa Entry Form will be available in January and will be sent first to people who have already expressed an interest.
Please let us know if you are interested in racing at the Spa Summer Classic
Monoposto Racing Club
Administrator & Championship Co-ordinator
1 The Applegarth
Tel/Fax: 01327 843056
Mob: 07770 368648