For any amendments we might have missed on this website.. check out MSVR
Please note the races will be ROLLING STARTS.
Also, for qualifying we will attempt to line the cars up in assembly in class groups to maximise the qualifying 'spread' (at least for the first few laps).
Friday testing still available at Silverstone
Our Chief Clerk of Course has asked for our cooperation and support regarding track limits this coming weekend at Silverstone. The event will run to MSA regulations regarding track limits and these MUST be adhered to by competitors.
Silverstone are preparing for the British Grand Prix in just a few weeks and will not tolerate abuse of these regulations.
Individual competitors will be dealt with according to MSA regulations but in the event that non compliance becomes excessive there is the option to stop the session.
Each briefing will underline this point.
HERE! Entry list V3 HERE! ... ....
Anyone who is forced to withdraw, please advise MAC and Monoposto ASAP so that a reserve might be offered a place.
The codes are for admin and indicate how we have or will collect payment.
Reserves are indicated by the R... numbers
We could potentially qualify with all the reserves (limit is 20% extra reserves on track at one time)
On recent form, a reserve prepared to take the gamble of getting a race and attending the event would 'probably' get that race... that means potential bad news for one competitor could become good news for a reserve - that is motorsport. Reminder.. get your 3 laps in during qualifying!!
We don't run pre-qualifying (not considered fair at our level of racing) so the procedure is:
- We only know for certain how many entries we have at close of business 3 days before the event (that is the result of our very member friendly entry/cancellation policy which in this case proves less friendly to reserves) but will be asking people to be nice and let us know really early if they are pulling out.
- Anyone attending as a confirmed entrant is 'IN' and anyone attending as a reserve is... a 'RESERVE'!
- We can run with 20% extra cars in qualifying than in the race (MSA rules)... one time at Silverstone there were more than 20% reserves and Simon obtained permission to run more reserves in total but not on track at the same time.
- Reserves who run in qualifying are still reserves after qualifying, irrespective of the time they set (even if they set pole time!), but must have set their 3 laps at least to be considered to enter the race.
- If any cars then withdraw (mechanical or accident) we let in the reserves who have 'qualified' in reserve order (order the entries were received).
- Even if they aren't officially in as the grid is formed, the remaining reserves can wait at the pitlane and if cars fail on the parade lap or right at the start, the Clerk of Course can opt to let them join the race.
- Reserves who only qualify but don't race get an 85% refund from the Club (Monoposto policy, not anything to do with MSA)
- Get 3 laps in..
- Get 3 laps in.....
- Get 3 laps in........