Chairman of the Technical Committee Russ Giles outlines the technical decisions taken at a recent board meeting.
There were a number of technical and class changes confirmed that we wish to share with the membership as soon as possible.
- The 2 Litre cars will be split in to 3 classes rather than the existing 2. Names of these classes need to be confirmed but are summarised below.
- Classic - Pre 93 only, including all FVL's
- New class - Post 92 non F3 cars and F3 cars 93 to 96
- 2000 - Post 97 F3 cars and all FRS 16v cars
- There will be a list of approved rain lights issued by the club. It will be compulsory to use a rain light from this list as of next year.
- The Formula Renault 2.0L 16V 2000 onwards car will cease to be eligible for any class from 1 Jan 2017
- Note that the 95 to 99 8V cars will continue to be eligible
- As previously announced, the eligibility date for 2000 will move forward on 1 Jan 2017 to allow cars up to 2007 to be used.
- The Dtec class will not continue next year but the cars will be found a home in another class.
If you need any more information regarding the above, please contact Steven, Russ or your class reps who will be pleased to help.