YES… as promised! ENTRY FORM
Couple of points please:
- Reminder please that you need to be a registered 2016 Monoposto full or guest member to submit an entry form (forms attached).
- Oulton Park is on the Fosters (shortest) circuit on Easter Monday 28th Not our preference but that was ‘all or nothing’ if we wanted Oulton. No testing is available at the circuit in the run up to the meeting so we have negotiated a ‘FREE’ practice for each grid – at NO EXTRA charge to our competitors (your club is absorbing the cost into the meeting finances). Getting this agreed with MSVR was the factor that delayed the entry form – my fault for thinking it up! By entering the meeting you are automatically entered for the 15 min practice session, although you can sit this out if you prefer to go straight to the qualifying. The rest of the day runs as normal, with a single qualifying using the 1st and 2nd fastest lap rules to set the grids for the 1st and 2nd races….
- MSVR switched their days around at our request so that we race on the Sunday and testing is available on the Saturday. There will also be a Mono exclusive test at the tail end of Saturday – Testing is PAID testing to be booked with MSVR. See http://www.cadwellpark.co.uk/testing/2016/april/160430-cp.aspx
- Brands GP is just a single day.. no one more disappointed than me (had that pencilled in for another of the great BBQs organised by Terry) but that is all that was available.
- Selecting your race dates. The entry form continues the established Mono pattern of only asking you to fill in one entry form for as many JMT Mono Champ rounds as you wish to do. There has been some ‘debate’ (understatement) about did some people tick all the boxes last year when they knew they weren’t doing all the rounds?… I just report here that the debates happened. Therefore I quote from the Dolly Parton song Jolene “please don't take him just because you can”… and my version is “please don’t tick all the boxes just because you can” nuff said?
- With regard the above point, your Board has revised the Entry and Cancellation process to include a sliding scale of admin fees for race cancellations (attached) We know people have both race car and real life challenges (is there life outside race cars?) and that peoples plans can change. Please advise myself and Rachel as early as possible and we aim to match our 2015 record of having a place at every event for everyone who wanted to come along.
- REMINDER… you send the forms back to Rachel!