A Letter From The Chairman
Eddie Guest writes:
Dear Monoposto members (and non-members)
We have a new Sponsor in JMTechnical which should bring some additional benefits to the club and in particular working in the paddock with their plans to provide power, a very welcome benefit! In return please ensure you obtain from Steven and his team the new sponsor stickers for your cars, as well as the Monoposto Roundels.
The Calendar has now been finalised with 16 rounds for the Monoposto championship and 8 rounds with the Tiedeman Trophy so already a pretty full year. Also we have at present 3 non championship events, the first in March at Snetterton http://www.monoposto.co.uk/2016/02/snetterton-200-non-champ-races-19th-march-2016/ which is a great shake down opportunity and then at the end of June we have the very popular http://www.monoposto.co.uk/2016/02/2016-spa-summer-classic/ Spa event. I would strongly recommend that if you plan to enter Spa you do so quickly as this could be the last time for some years that we are able to go there and consequently it could be very popular, and finally close out the year at Brands Hatch in November with an MSVR/Mono meeting as in previous years.
Earlier this month some of the board and I had the opportunity to meet with David Scott & David Willey at MSVR, the reason for the meeting was for MSVR to have feedback as to how they can continue to develop the racing experience for our members. I don’t plan to put all the details here but I think a few items are worth noting!
- Paddock parking The Parking up team in the paddock were recognised as doing a difficult job well, Stephen Green in particular. We all usually arrive at the paddock tired and eager to set up for the weekend, but please take the time to be as helpful as possible to the park up team as helping them helps us in the long run. MSV agreed that Brands Hatch paddock needs to be marked out better and for Silverstone, Monoposto would prefer to have a paddock space closer to the garages
- Health and Safety. Several topics were identified and highlighted so in no particular order
- Working on the top of trucks to erect awnings
- Cable covers over cables that cross roads
- General lifting and carrying
- Powered scooters and cars being driven by youngsters
MSV are planning to issue new safety guidelines shortly but common sense is really the order of the day.
- Scrutineering. We requested for this to be done in situ rather than having to take cars to the scrutineering bay sometimes before race engines are allowed to be run.
MSV seemed sympathetic and will look at the possibility where practical although it is important for drivers to be ready with their cars and not difficult to find!!
- Briefings! The timing of briefings and location were key to ensuring a low stress start to the racing day, a couple of suggestions were made to try and alleviate this
- Can the briefings be in the paddock in either the JMTechnical awning if large enough or one of the other large awnings?
- Would it be possible for both grid briefings to be open to all competitors so if they were in the middle of sorting a problem out they could go to the other briefing – this seemed workable from the MSV perspective.
- Rain Lights New MRC spec applauded by MSV.
- Oulton Park MSVR are promoting the Oulton Easter Monday event as a family oriented day out. We asked them to supply more details so our members could also promote the event in the correct way. Please see linkhttp://www.monoposto.co.uk/2016/02/jmt-mono-rounds-1-2-oulton-park-28th-march/
In the meantime we only have a few weeks left to finish the over winter fettling, fit those new rain lights, and generally get ready for what should be a great season.
Talking of which there is an excellent article on Startline http://startline.org.uk/slol91/2016prep.html that discusses the various rule changes from the MSA that you need to be aware of, including helmet and FHR / HANS device compatibility!!
All the best for the new season.
Disclaimer: The above represents only the unofficial view of the writer and not of the Monoposto Racing Club in any way whatsover. Subheadlines and captions are not originated from the named author. We are unable to reproduce results due to copyright reasons. If any pictures are copyright and the owner wishes them removed please email us.