Engine Regulations

General Paddock Chatter
stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Engine Regulations

Postby stevenconnor » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:37 am

As all the members are the 'shareholders' of the club and entitled to question their elected Board via an Extra Ordinary General Meeting, such a meeting has been requested in accordance with the Articles of Incorporation https://www.freecompanyaccounts.co.uk/form/monoposto-racing-club/MEM%2FARTS/2009-03-02/31904207 to be held on the evening of Saturday 10th September at Silverstone circuit (Mono 2 day meeting).

Motion to retain the Formula Renaults as per the current technical and sporting regulations to be put before this meeting.

RobManser
Flag waver
Flag waver

Postby RobManser » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:05 am

Thank you Steve. Sadly I'm on holiday then and can't attend, but I look forward to seeing the results of the meeting.

Monoposto Admin
Marshal
Marshal

Postby Monoposto Admin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:33 am

A request was made by Mr Steven Connor for an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Monoposto Racing Club Ltd. This request was NOT made in accordance with the requirements to hold such a meeting and legal advice to the club has confirmed this. The board have therefore denied his request.

Mr Connor has no right to publicly notify the membership of an EGM in an attempt to control the correct legal process.

We have a proper process to review the technical arrangements for the respective classes that run in Mono and this appears to be a frivolous and vexatious attempt to drive through some form of agenda on technical / class regulations with no regard for the overall consequences to the club.

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Postby stevenconnor » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:51 am

Sent: 30 August 2016 12:31
To: admin@monoposto.co.uk
Subject: Monoposto Discussion Forum

Dear Members,

The club is proposing that a member’s discussion forum be held at our Silverstone GP event (10/11th September) to give members the opportunity to provide input for 2017 planning. It is felt that a meeting this time of year is more timely for the preparation process.

To enable us to assess the level of interest in this and make suitable arrangements, can you please let me know if you plan to attend? It would also be helpful, though not essential, to receive questions beforehand.

We will confirm details once arrangements are finalised.

Kind regards,

Terry

Edited - Phone number removed - Admin

Ian
Marshal
Marshal

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:37 am

Steven,
Not sure that Terry will appreciate his phone number being published on an open website, it may be prudent to edit it out......unless you asked his permission beforehand of course?
Ian H - "Just Plain Sexy"

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Postby stevenconnor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:21 pm

Interesting point Ian,

On the open public website for Monoposto at http://www.monoposto.co.uk/about-mrc/contact/ it says:

"Processing of membership and race entries will be handled by Rachel Lovett at the Midland Automobile Club, whilst race day co-ordination and everything else is handled by a team of others. For the immediate future please contact us via email admin@monoposto.co.uk, or call Terry Clark on ##### ##### for any general matters, or contact your class representative."

I have added the ### in this case but Terry does appear to offer up his phone number as the Monoposto admin contact point in this very public way. Therefore I don't feel I made an error.

(anyone wanting to phone Admin @ Monoposto should follow the link at the top of this reply to view the deleted phone number.)

jmtechnical
Mechanic
Mechanic

Postby jmtechnical » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 pm

I edited the post to remove the number. I know terry has published his number else where but he hasn't on the forum. All members received the email so it wasn't really necessary to post the email on the forum.

The purpose of this thread was to voice my view that fr's should be normalised and mono should consider newer engines especially considering the new chassis coming in next year.

Regards

James

Return to “Paddock Chatter”