Advice on Iveco please

General Paddock Chatter
stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Advice on Iveco please

Postby stevengriffin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:31 am

Good morning everyone. I've just bought myself an Iveco beavertail truck to transport my car. I'm delighted with it, it's a little weird with the six speed semi automatic box but one soon gets used to it.
It only has one issue. It was a Tesco delivery van and is limited to 90kph. It looks like 60 mph on the speedo but GPS says less. Not a problem when towing but a bit slow otherwise. I know they can go a lot quicker, I was overtaken by one yesterday doing over 80!
Does anyone know who will remove the limiter at a reasonable price?07759460875

jmtechnical
Mechanic
Mechanic

Re: Advice on Iveco please

Postby jmtechnical » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:15 am

What model is it? You can get round the limiter with the magnet on the pickup trick but its pointless you get caught and your in real trouble. When it gets MOT'ed they check the calibration of the tacho and they will be on to you. Coming back from brands (96 miles) me stuck at 56 got home 8 minutes after luke in the car.

just get used to 56 and watch all the idiots flying past that you catch up to at the next roundabout :D

scorchio
Marshal
Marshal

Postby scorchio » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:38 pm

If it's a class 7 MOT they don't check the limiter. Has it got a taco? If not, it will be limited in the ecu which will need re programming/re flashing..

Need to know the model..

You can do 70 on the motorway though..

stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Postby stevengriffin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:47 pm

No tachometer. So no issues re mot.

Return to “Paddock Chatter”